Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Contractions!

I love planning lessons around holidays. It's not only more engaging for the kids, but for me too! I get excited when we get to do something a little out of the ordinary.  We started talking about contractions the other day after a previous discussion on compound words.  After making an anchor chart and doing some together, I split the students up into groups to match up two words to the appropriate contraction!



There is a recording sheet that goes along with this, but I'm going to have them do it again and record their answers later. Today was just a practice day to see if they were understanding it or not (and to see who could work in groups).  The words are written on either a pilgrim hat, or a turkey! I found this fun (AND FREE!!) activity on teachers pay teachers! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment