Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snowball Sort- Odd vs. Even

This has been a crazy week.  We had a big storm on Sunday and it knocked out the power in our building.  We had Monday and Tuesday off!  It was definitely a nice and much needed break, but now we are playing catch up with all of our lessons. We have our end of unit 5 math test coming up (tomorrow.. if all goes as planned).  The students were having a really hard time grasping odd vs. even and place value, so we did this fun activity that I did with my first grade friends during student teaching. 



 This time, I decided to make it a whole class activity. Each student pulled a card and decided if it was odd or even, THEN they had to tell the class WHY! If they weren't sure, we helped them out. While the students were deciding, I was recording on a dry erase board as well.
I hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine! Here you go! It's FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment